Designed for kids, by kids (at heart), the Thousand Jr. Collection has everything your child needs to stay safe and express their unique style on the road. Made to empower kids to dream big, express themselves, and create their own world, the collection is customizable, safety-certified, and designed to grow with your child for years of fun and safe riding ahead.
- Every helmet comes with a pack of removable, reflective stickers for customization and creative expression.
- Our helmets are safety certified for biking, roller skating, and skateboarding – so they'll keep safe no matter what wheels they ride.
- Adjustable Fit System - Just one helmet will last your child for years thanks to the adjustable dial fit system, which allows their gear to grow with them (from 49-53cm head circumference).
- Keep them snug and secure with our eco-friendly vegan microfiber straps, complete with a chin pad for added comfort.
- No more crying over pinched skin with our easy-to-use and safety-tested magnetic fastener.
- Active Ventilation - 6 strategically placed vents actively capture airflow and pass it through the helmet's interior channels. Because kids get sweaty.
- Includes the Thousand Jr. pack of removable, reflective stickers to encourage creativity. Other packs are sold separately.
- Dial fit system allows for precise adjustments and enables helmet to grow with your child.
- Vegan leather strap with a chin pad for extra comfort.
- One-hand, no-pinch magnetic fastener.
- 6 vents and interior cooling channels for active ventilation.
- Colorways featuring premium finishes and materials including soft touch and metallic gloss.
- Lightweight helmet at 390 grams
- Fits head sizes ranging from 49 cm to 53 cm
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older
- Certified for CE, CPSC, and ASTM standards for cycling, roller skating, and skateboarding
What is the recommended Age for the Kids Bike Helmet?
Grade-schoolers, this helmet’s for you. The Thousand Jr. youth bike helmet is recommended for kids ages 5-11. It’ll fit any child’s head with a circumference of 49-53cm. The built-in fit system ensures a perfect fit with just a few clicks to tighten or loosen. So grab your Schwinn, hop on that banana bike seat and get riding! Just don’t forget to wear a helmet!
How do I determine the right size for a kids bike helmet?
The Thousand Jr. comes in one size: Extra Small, which measures 19.3-20.9 inches (49-53cm). It’s designed to grow with your child. With just a few clicks, the fit system dials in a perfect fit and can be tightened or loosened depending on your child’s head circumference.
It’s easy to measure your child’s head.
- Step 1: Wrap a flexible measuring tape or string around the largest part of your child’s head. It should sit around two finger widths above their eyebrows. You can even use a phone or computer charger.
- Step 2: Mark the spot where the top end meets the other side of the measuring object. Then, use a ruler to measure the length (if it’s not a measuring tape).
- Step 3: Compare the length against a size chart. If you have an older kid whose head measures more than 20.9 inches (53cm), you might consider choosing the Heritage Bike Helmet in size Small.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.